The presence of mold can be a serious issue in different commercial places. Mold just not only damage things but also create a serious health issue for many people in commercial places like schools and offices.Most of the time presence of moisture or the presence of water level can create serious mold problems.
Before starting the remediation process it is important to follow the guidelines to prevent mold concentration. Unless and until one can prevent mold concentration it is impossible to get rid of mold even after the remediation.
The Important Prevention Steps Are:
- Repair all the pipe leakage as fast as possible.
- It is very important to find out all the wet spots and also important to find out the reason for it.
- It is very important to maintain low humidity on the building. This is to be below 60% at least.
- A regular maintenance of commercial buildings is very important to take important prevention steps.
At the time of remediation, some safety tips to be followed to avoid contamination. These important steps are like:
- Mold or mold affected items should not be touched with bare hands.
- Take all the important precautions for keeping eye safe from mold. So that mold cannot get any chance to get contacted with eyes.
- Eye protectors and gloves should always be used at the time of mold detection.
Remediation Plan: Before starting remediation a proper groundwork is very important that is the plan for remediation work. It is very important to find out all the open and hidden molds. Because all the time molds do not spread in visible areas. Sometimes they even spread in invisible areas like inside the ductwork. Hidden molds can be finding out by the smell. If there is any moldy smell then it can be said that hidden mold is present in that commercial building.
Remediation Process: There are few steps that can be taken as the process of the remediation plan for commercial buildings.
Use Wet Vacuum: Wet vacuum is a type of vacuum cleaner that can remove all the water from wet surfaces. This can be used to clean floor or roofs. To remove all the water substance and to make the area moisture free.
Proper Cleaning: All the molds weather dead or alive both are risky and can create allergy for individuals. So at the time of cleaning, heavy cleaning with chemicals is very important to protect further contaminations. If the contamination gets protected then the spreading will be no more an issue.
HEPA Vacuum: The final step in the cleaning process is the use of HEPA (high-EFFICIENCY particulate Air).This process is very important to clean all the dust from the remediation area. That remediation area should be clean and dry. All the damaged product should be scraped to stop further contamination.
These are the important steps for Commercial Mold Remediation.But this remediation process should be done by a group of professionals to make this work successful. To make a commercial area mold free a proper remediation should be done with the help of a professional people.