Given that the founding of Pflugerville in 1860, there has actually been much growth as well as change. Yet even today there are several sites that represent the very early history of what was as soon as a tiny farming area.
Previous Pflugerville Collection- The City of Pflugerville gave some funds and a cottage at 102 S. 3rdfor a nominal lease where the Library was housed from 1985 up until 1999 when it transferred to a new as well as much bigger building. Today, the website of the previous collection is inhabited by a gift store, Oh-La-La.
Hanover’s Equipment Store- Hanover’s has had a presence in midtown Pflugerville for 102 years opening up originally as a hangout in 1903. Years later on Tom Hanover reopened the historic structure as a hardware store as well as lumberyard. Hanover marketed the structure in 1999. The new owner changed it back to a neighborhood pub. The name as well as several of his initial signs still stay as a component of the Hanover’s Draught Haus décor as well as rustic sensation.
Cotton Gin- The first cotton gin in Pflugerville was built in 1904 by one of the initial Pfluger household inhabitants. It was destroyed by fire in 1931 and a new one was built in the exact same location where the old gin still stands to now. The Pflugerville Farmer’s Market is held weekly on the same land before the gin.
Pfluger Meat Market- In 1960, 2 Pfluger relatives opened up a meat market at 100 E. Pecan where it operated for years. The last business to operate in the same place was the Pecan Road Vintage Shop. Next door in the very same structure was a pub until the 1980’s. In 1986, Bill Yates opened up Yates Lawnmower Repair and is still in service today at the same area.
The Heritage Home Museum, additionally called the Bohls House, was assigned as a historical spots in 2005. Integrated in 1913 by Gottlieb William (G.W.) Bohls, this Queen Anne house beings in its initial area, when the center of the Bohls ranch. GW offered the farm in 1925 to his youngest sibling Otto and also his wife Laura Fuchs Bohls. Otto operated the farm up until 1959, and his kid Clarence operated the farm up until 1985. The farm was leased for manufacturing until Laura’s death in 1992. The Bohls Family members deeded the house to the City of Pflugerville in 1993 as an area to promote and also analyze the city’s heritage and culture. The Pflugerville Public Library manages the center as well as works closely with the Heritage Residence Partners to supply exhibits and also programs that are representative of all family members, societies, businesses, institutions, churches, and other companies that contributed to the development of Pflugerville.